The start of a fire at the Volpone restaurant, in the center of Orléans

Shortly before 2 p.m. on Wednesday August 31, the Loiret firefighters were called to a fire at the Volpone restaurant, located 4 rue de la Cholerie, in the city center of Orléans, in the Châtelet district. It was the owners and the staff who gave the alert.

On the scene, the firefighters quickly found the origin of the fire: the hearth of the fire was on the facade, at the level of the luminous sign of the restaurant. The fire would have started from the circuit breaker of a neon.

Twenty people (customers and employees) were evacuated, but no one was injured. There was no one in the accommodations above the restaurant.

At 3:15 p.m., the fire was extinguished, but the intervention was still in progress. The restaurant should be able to quickly return to normal activity.

It was in the luminous sign of the restaurant that the fire started.

Sarah Bourletias

.

Leave a Comment