Cédric Jubillar’s lawyers unveil a new argument for his release

The lawyers of Cédric Jubillar, suspected of having killed his wife, unveiled a new argument on Tuesday to demand his release, hypothesizing that Delphine Jubillar could have left the home on her own, the evening of her disappearance.

This possibility goes against the thesis of the investigators, who believe that the husband killed Delphine Jubillar during an argument, in their house in Cagnac-les-Mines, after having read an SMS from his wife’s lover, on his phone.

“There are objective elements in the file which allow us to consider that it is more than likely that she changed to leave” the house, said Emmanuelle Franck, one of Cédric Jubillar’s lawyers after her argument. before the investigating chamber of the Toulouse Court of Appeal.


For this new request for release, the hearing took place in the absence of this 34-year-old painter and plasterer, and behind closed doors, at the request of the public prosecutor’s office, against the advice of defense lawyers. .

“This hearing was organized behind closed doors, which surprises us and seems contrary to all principles,” denounced Alexandre Martin, another lawyer for Cédric Jubillar.

It had been the same during the previous request for release, which had been rejected in November, while a first request had suffered the same fate in September.

For justice, concordant clues make it possible to conclude that the husband was involved in the disappearance of the nurse from Cagnac-les-Mines, near Albi, on December 15, 2020.

“The elements of the accusation have never been conclusive and this since the first day”, insisted Jean-Baptiste Alary, also counsel for Cédric Jubillar after a hearing which lasted nearly five hours.

Deliberate Friday

This request for release comes after a second hearing of several hours conducted on December 3, and after the placement in police custody for “concealment of corpse”, in December, of the new companion of Cédric Jubillar, who had been released without be put on trial.

The public prosecutor’s office requested continued detention.

“Even if a person disputes the facts, a court may find that there is enough evidence in the file to decide on continued detention,” Toulouse prosecutor Samuel Vuelta Simon told AFP.

The decision of the investigating chamber was put under deliberation on January 14.

According to his lawyers, Cédric Jubillar will be heard again at the beginning of February concerning the accusations made by one of his cell neighbors, relayed in the press, to whom Delphine’s husband allegedly affirmed that he killed his wife and buried her body, in pointing him to a particular place.

“It’s a non-information, a manipulation, an organized staging, as if by chance, on the anniversary date of Delphine’s disappearance”, pointed out Me Martin, irritated.

For Me Alary, if the track was credible, it would have already led to the resolution of the investigation: “If it’s serious, why didn’t we find the body? he launched.

Laurent Boguet, the lawyer for the children of the Jubillar couple, civil party, estimated after the hearing that it was necessary “to still leave room for acts of investigation carried out by justice. The requests made by Cédric Jubillar appear premature.

Since his indictment for intentional homicide on June 18, Cédric Jubillar has been held in solitary confinement at the Seysses remand center, near Toulouse.

.

Leave a Comment